With the net worth of $1.8 Billion, Ajay Piramal is the #868 richest person on earth all the time.
|Height||Weight||Hair Colour||Eye Colour||Blood Type||Tattoo(s)|
|185 cm (6' 1'')||90 kg||Salt & Pepper||Black||N/A||N/A|
Ajay Piramal was born to Gopikisan Piramal and Lalita Piramal in Rajasthan, India on 3 August 1955. In 1977, at age 22, Piramal started out in his family's textile business, founded in 1934 by his grandfather Piramal Chatrabhuj. His father, Gopikisan Piramal, died in 1979, and after five years he lost an older brother to cancer, prompting him to take over the business.
In 1988, Piramal bought Nicholas Laboratories, an Australian multinational corporation. The company is now ranked fifth among pharma companies in India, having made a string of overseas acquisitions like the Indian subsidiaries of Roche, Boehringer Mannheim, Rhone Poulenc, ICI and Hoechst Research Centre. India's first major shopping mall, Crossroads, was developed from three redundant Piramal factory buildings in Mumbai.
Piramal holds a bachelor's degree in Science from the Jai Hind College and Basantsingh Institute of Science, University of Mumbai (then Bombay), a master's degree in management studies from Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, University of Mumbai, and in 1992 attended the six-week Advanced Management Programme at Harvard Business School. Piramal has received an honorary doctorate by Amity University, India and Honorary Doctor of Science from IIT Indore
He led Piramal Enterprises Ltd invested in Vodafone India by buying 11% in two tranches. The first 5.5%, was bought in 2011 for Rs 2,856 crore and the second, the next year for Rs 3,007 crore. to buy a 5.5% stake in Vodafone India for INR 30.07 billion ($618 million), taking the total stake to 11%. In April 2014, Piramal Enterprises Ltd. sold its 11% stake for INR 8,900 crore, at a 51.78% premium to the price the company had paid in 2011–12.
In December 2018, Anand married Isha Ambani, daughter of industrialist Mukesh Ambani.
Piramal announced in 2019 he planned to resign as chairman of Shriram Capital Ltd. He was named chairman five years earlier.
Currently, Ajay Piramal is 65 years old. Ajay Piramal will celebrate 66th birthday on Tuesday, August 3, 2021. Below we countdown to Ajay Piramal upcoming birthday.
Courage, fearlessness and focus make great business leaders: Ajay Piramal
Courage, fearlessness and focus make great business leaders: Ajay Piramal - Presented by Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL), the sixth edition of IAA Leadership Awards, honoured Piramal for his sharp business acumen, leadership quality and ability to tap into diverse sectors while making a successful business out of them.